Hiking in Antiparos
There are many hiking paths around the island. From beginner to confirmed walkers, over the mountains and by the sea coast, hiking in Antiparos offers a great view wherever you are.
Desert beaches, high cliffs and sea views are not the only elements to enjoy during your activity. Antiparos has a very beautiful countryside with farms, fields and interesting fauna and flora. Goats are always glancing the strange beings holding canes and cameras…. Depending on the season, the paths are scented by oregano, thyme or fig and the fields are covered by daisies, vines, olive trees…
To hike in Antiparos you should wear hiking shoes since the paths are mainly covered by stones and soil. From May to September it’s usually very hot during the day and usually the hikers start very early in the morning or at the end of the evening. In any case, use light clothes but think about taking a light jacket with you, for the windy days .
Take a lot of water (also some food). Most part of the paths are in almost desert spaces and the few turistic structures are located at the cost.
Sunblock, hat, sunglasses and a GPS are very recommended.
In the map bellow there are 2 path options. The blue is an easy 2,5km path accesible for children over 4 y.o.. The green is a 11km path of medium difficulty that takes around 3 hours and ofers wonderful landscapes and a visit to Faneromeni Beach as well.
- 2.24 km with some small hills
- Difficulty: easy
- Start at Sunset Beach
- Ends at Antiparos Village
- You can do this path even with a pushchair and usually kids over 4 y.o. can do it.
- Very beautifull at Sunset. View of all village of Antiparos, pass near small farms with goats, sheep, pigs and chickens.
- Nice for children.
- There is a playground at Sunset Beach.
- Many people do this path as a relaxed 1 hour walk.
- This is a 11 km path that covers one of the most beautifull side of Antiparos.
- The hole traject passes by Faneromeni Chapel (great view, has toylet) and Faneromeni Beach (one of the most gorgeous beaches of the world for me), so think about taking swimming suits and diving masks!
- At the ending point of the path (St. Geroge) there is a bus line that goes back to the starting point (Soros Beach) or to the village. Just check the bus timetable to don’t miss the last bus of the day.
- If you prefer, you can use this path differently, going to Faneromeni and comming back to Soros or going directly from Soros to St. George.
- Takes around 3 hours for average hikers.
Ver Antiparos hiking paths num mapa maior